Add a comment
1. Reflect on Accomplishments (no matter how small). Remember the feeling you get after having gone to the gym? Write it down. Just like reflecting on negative consequences helps us stop negative actions, recalling effects of positive actions increases our desire to do them.
2. Join a group that combines fitness with fundraising. I love this one because there are so many great causes to pick from. It gives your workout a greater sense of purpose and you just feel really good afterwards!
3. Buy nice workout clothes. Make sure you look really good while you exercise. Buying nice clothes reminds us that our workouts are a priority. This is an investment worth making. You want to feel (and look) legit.
4. Hire a Trainer. Whether you can afford a weekly session or just a seasonal check-in, the guidance and support of a professional is critical to making progress. Again, you don't have to go crazy spending, just do what you can. If your budget won't allow, there are tons of free videos on youtube that provide excellent advice (i.e. CrossFit Instructions on proper form)
5. Be gentle with yourself. If you miss a workout, get right back to your regular schedule. Remember, you will feel so much better afterwards.